Homeschooling Without a Cover/Church School

In 2014 the rules changed slightly for homeschoolers in our state. Alabamians are no longer required to use a church/cover school as a middle man between families and the BOE (it is still an option should you desire their services).

Families wishing to go "coverless" may file a one-time letter of intent to homeschool with your local BOE. In the River Region families should file with their county BOE (Elmore, Autauga, Montgomery etc). There are no requirements beyond that. Parents will not have to turn in attendance or grades to anyone.

You can read more about this option on the State Department of Education's website (look under the non-public schools tab).

Parents who would like more information or support with going coverless are encouraged to join the Facebook group "Homeschool Without Cover Alabama".

Location: Harvest Fields Community Church, 4280 Deatsville Hwy, Deatsville, AL 36022